We believe that people are the heart and soul of our company – as well as our best assets. Our team members enjoy the autonomy to make a deep impact for our company. We bring our best game to work every day and inspire and challenge each other to achieve success. As a team, we show the same care and commitment to our teammates as we do to our valued customers. Job openings will be listed here. Come join the AGWorld family!
Customs Entry Writer / Specialist
Location: SFO Office
Headquartered in South San Francisco, CA. AG Customs Brokerage Inc.
This position is to provide support and preparation for the transaction of Customs entry and post-entry documents for facilitation of entering goods into US Commerce.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate Customs entries and compliance.
- Determining tariff headings, calculating duty for preparation of entry and facilitate delivery process.
- Determine initial classification based on information provided on commercial invoice and through consultation with importer, as needed.
- Monitor entry status for Customs and other Government Agency release.
- Prepare duties and other charges to support billing.
- Special Projects as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, Excel, CargoWise knowledge an asset.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently.
- Previous Customs Brokerage or Forwarding experience a plus.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
- Job Type: Full-time
- CUSTOMS BROKERAGE is regulated by US Customs and Border Protection, a Federal Agency. Background check is mandatory.
- Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- AG Customs Brokerage Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status,or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.