Dear Valued Customer,
The General Administration of Customs of China (GACC) issued Announcement (2017) 56 to update the advance manifest rules for all China imports and exports, effective June 1, 2018. General Administration of Customs China (GACC) has released Order No.56  to adjust the Advanced Manifest rule (GACC advisory in Chinese) to ensure smooth customs clearance and effectively strengthen customs’ implementation of safe entry and risk prevention for import and export goods into/from China.
This notification is to enhance the control over inbound/outbound vessels and aircrafts. This affects and pertains to both importers and exporters in the US that ship or receive cargo from China regardless of mode of transport.
Manifest details must be submitted to China Customs 24 hours prior to loading. This includes all inbound and outbound aircrafts or vessels going to/via/from China mainland ports.
Manifest submission time
- For Import to China
1) 24 hours prior to loading onto vessels for containership; 24 hours prior to first port of destination in China for non-containership
2) Before departure for flight transit time within4 hours; 4 hours prior to first port of destination in China for flight over 4 hours
- For Export from China
1) 24 hours prior to loading onto vessels for containership;2hours prior to loading onto vessels for non-containership
2) 4 hours prior to loading onto flight
The regulation is applicable to all import, export and transshipped cargo via any China Ports (except Hong Kong). The advance manifest data must be reflected accurately.
Manifest data must be accurate and complete for all goods under the bill of lading and waybills.
Cargo description must be accurate, complete and cover all the goods.
Full contact details of the Shipper and Consignee (or Notify Party if Consignee is “To Order”) are mandatory, including the Enterprise Codes (EIN#). Examples include United Social Credit Code (USCC) or Organization Code (OC). If the shipper or consignee in China has a USCC, provide the USCC in the form of United Social Credit Identifier (USCI) + USCC. Additional data required is listed below:
- Shipper’s company code
- Shipper’s country
- Shipper’s Communication number (phone number or e-mail address)
(2) Consignee (if Consignee is not “TO ORDER”)
- Consignee’s company code
- Consignee’s country code
- Consignee’s Communication number (phone number or e-mail address)
- Person in charge of Consignee
- Person in charge of Consignee’s phone number or e-mail address
(3) Notify Party (Mandatory, if Consignee is “TO ORDER”)
- Notify Party’s company code
- Notify Party’s Communication number (phone number or e-mail address)
- Person in charge of Notify Party
- Person in charge of Notify Party’s phone number or e-mail address
(4) Cargo Description
Unclear and general commodity name such as “Agricultural products “, ”Apparel”, “Equipment” are not accepted. All Commodity descriptions shall be provided in full detail.
We will keep you informed of any further development. If you have any questions, please contact your local AGWT office.
Thank you for your support to AGWT.